Tuesday, June 12, 2007

YOU CANT BE SCEPTICAL


Can you predict the name of your wife long before the marriage, how many children will you have? What you will you do for a living? etc.Some believe, answers to these questions can be found through Naadi Astrology .It is popular in Tamil nadu as Brighu Samhita of the North India. Ancient Rishis(Sage Agasthya) wrote treatise on every human occupants of this blue planet. Not only this but also the date/age at which a person will consult these predictions. When I went to Annamalai University I heard about it and want to give it a try (even though I don’t believe in Astrology or any such things).Vaitheeswaran Koil(the temple village)is nearby and I took a bus to reach there.They ask ten questions about you,turning the Thaad Patris one by one,to find out which one matches with your details, may be they are using some sort of deductive method. Later the person (trained in guru sishya mode)went to get the Right Thaad Patri .My quest was to know how they predict.The result Ajooba –Achamba !!!!! I don’t recommend this, but if it is time, you will be pulled towards these kind of Astrology,as they say.


Now let us look at the other side of it..These predictions may act like auto suggestions in our mind ,the more we have faith the more it happens as they said.Its OK about the future,but how he found that I was born in an island! AJOOBA.